Categories above include
Inclusion on Strugglingteens.com
imply any endorsement
by Strugglingteens, LLC
Jan 17, 2017
Lake of the Ozarks, MO
Calo Young Adults is now hiring growth-minded and energetic therapists to our specialized clinical team. Provisional, unlicensed or recent graduates will be considered. Supervision, weekly in-depth clinical training/collaboration, and opportunities for training are part of the therapist job.
Calo Young Adults is a treatment program specialized to heal the impact of early childhood trauma (developmental trauma) and is part of a growing, national family of programs (preteen-young adult, residential, wilderness, intensive, etc.) with the same particular focus. Consequently, most of the clients the therapist will work with are struggling to "launch" into adulthood with meaningful direction and purpose.
The core purpose of Calo Young Adults is to Profoundly Change Lives and Create Joy. Our company core values are Service, Empathy, Trusting Relationships, and Growth.
We are located in beautiful and historic downtown Winchester, Virginia. We have a dynamic, fun, and enthusiastic team which the therapist is a key member of. We offer a competitive salary (negotiable) and terrific benefits package (health insurance, life insurance, paid time off, free meals, and more!). Calo Young Adults believes in providing high quality, innovative treatment within a compassionate environment. Building healthy relationships with our young adults and their families is a special focus of Calo employees.
Why Calo Young Adults?
Job Eligibility, Responsibilities and Desired Skills
- Licensure supervision possible
- Holistic treatment with individual, family and group therapy
- Canine therapy integrated into treatment
- Work with emerging adult population
- Extensive learning opportunities for personal and professional growth
- Team building experiences
- Trust and autonomy
- Professional development and CEU's
- Opportunities for advancement
- Opportunity to become an expert in the field of healing trauma
- Flexible work environment and culture
- Work collaboratively as a member of teams for best treatment
- Ample support provided by team, leadership, and culture
- Relocation/signing bonuses available for experienced candidates
- Proprietary CASA treatment model, with a unique relational and experiential approach.
- We are not a behavior modification program.
- Great compensation!
- Extensive benefits: health insurance, life insurance, free short-term and long-term disability, paid time off, 401(k), multiple holidays off, and more!
Therapists are responsible for providing cutting edge developmental trauma-informed interventions. Therapists are expected to deliver high-quality client care and management, demonstrating strong clinical skills in assessment, diagnosis, treatment planning, individual, family and group treatment, and discharge planning. Eligibility for this position requires a master degree from an accredited graduate program in a behavioral health-related field. This includes graduate degrees in Psychology, Social Work, Counseling, or Marriage and Family Therapy. All clinicians must have current, unrestricted licensure within their professions (LAC, LPC, LMFT, LMSW, LCSW, LPE, etc.) by their respective State Boards and be eligible for and acquire licensure in the state of Missouri upon hire (will consider provisional, unlicensed or recent graduates).
Other desired knowledge, skills & abilities:
What the Employees Say about being a Part of the CALO Family
"This is a very rewarding job and provides great opportunities that many people enjoy. It allows you to make a difference and that is something I as well as many others enjoy."
- Desire to have fun and enjoy work
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as a team
- Knowledge of therapeutic processes and child, adolescent, and young adult development
- Timely documentation
- Time management and organizational skills
- Provide customer friendly services such as receiving and responding to phone calls, e-mails, and inquiries in a timely manner. Being polite and friendly to internal and external personnel.
"I have told every person I know and meet about Calo and how great my job is. I will continue to do this because it amazes me that I work for an employer that cares about me and not just money."
"I believe it is a great place to experience change in yourself and to help others."
"I feel like what I do is important and that everyone here treats me with respect and care, like family would."
"I'm still pretty new to the Calo family but from what I have been around and seen, Calo has a great family atmosphere. I feel everyone has respect towards one another and cares about their wellbeing."
"Calo is a great place to work because they care about their employees and create a culture of professionalism and compassion. I really love what I do here."
"Calo is organized in a modern way with shift planning and email etc. on my phone - management goes out of their way to encourage me as an employee - Calo allows me to work with my spouse which makes me way more invested in my job - Calo invites employee feedback with surveys and other methods - Calo offers tangible training and steps to take to move up in the company - Calo offers great benefits for employees - Calo offers a professional work environment that cares about me as an employee."
"The structure of management is great. It feels amazing to work with people who are willing to help you grow and improve yourself."
"The simple fact that you are heard makes it a great employer. This is huge for me. It is amazing to know that you are not just another employee and that you are actually valued as a person."
"We do a great service to our families and students. Calo is a great employer because there are so many opportunities to grow, to serve and to be served!".