Salary: DOE, Full Time
Category: Licensed Art Therapist
C.A.R.E. Schools operates residential treatment schools and programs in Southern Utah. Lava Heights Academy is a member of CARE Schools. Lava Heights Academy is seeking a dynamic and experienced Licensed Art Therapist with a multi-disciplinary approach towards art therapy. This position will require the right candidate to have the creativity and experience to assist in the development of the Integrated Art program in this relatively new program. Lava Heights Academy is a state of the art program working with boys and girls 12-17 with the desire to focus their creative energy rather than down some of the not so positive directions they were facing in life. Lava Heights Academy was built from the ground up to offer the non-traditional treatment client an opportunity and feeling they would find nowhere else.
This position is a newly formed position and will offer the right candidate plenty of growth potential as they help the rest of the C.A.R.E. programs develop similar additions in Art Therapy to their programs. The C.A.R.E. management model is one of teamwork and Lava Heights Academy has managed to hire a great team, just need to right Art Therapist to complete the program.
- Master’s Degree in Psychology or Counseling related Field
- Must be licensed in state as a therapist (may consider an intern depending on the experience)
- Certification in Art Therapy as a Registered Art Therapist
- Must be motivated and able to operate independently.
- Familiarity with residential treatment and recovery programs preferred.
- Some travel may be required
- Experience with Art, Dance and Music as modalities to assist youth
For interested and qualified candidates please contact/submit resume to:
Executive Director for CARE Schools.