The Academy at Trails Carolina, a therapeutic boarding school located in western North Carolina, is seeking a Clinical Director.
The Academy at Trails is comprised of dedicated educators, therapists and outdoor leadership experts who are committed to offering a well-rounded education through mastery-based classroom learning, integrated therapy, and adventure programming for adolescent boys ages 14-17. The Academy at Trails Carolina utilizes a team based treatment approach to fully empower our students and their families.
The Clinical Director supervises the clinical program - including therapy, milieu, recreation and psychiatric components of the program to ensure consistent and effective implementation of programming. The Clinical Director is responsible for coordinating and delivering therapeutic services for a caseload of adolescent males. This includes but is not limited to weekly individual, group and family therapy, as well as interdepartmental treatment development and coordination within the school.
- Provide therapy to clients and families in the program
- Review psycho educational testing to determine appropriate applicants for admissions
- Facilitate school tours to parents and referral sources
- Provide clinical supervision to therapists and staff in the cultivation of therapeutic relationships with clients, families, and referring professionals
- Supervise clinical programing, phase work, and family therapy programing
- Complete clinical chart reviews to assure clinical files are complete and updated
- Oversee clinical and staff trainings.
- Conduct weekly treatment team meetings
The applicant should have a strong clinical assessment, be familiar with evidence-based treatment for youth, possess solid therapeutic, communication, and rapport-building skills. Further, a successful applicant should be comfortable providing therapeutic services to adolescent males presenting with a variety of clinical, neurodevelopmental, substance abuse, and behavioral health challenges. A successful applicant will have strong leadership and team management skills. Participation in adventure-based programming is required.
The Academy at Trails Carolina utilizes a a team based treatment approach to fully empower our students and their families.
Master's degree in social work, psychology, counseling, or relative field, or Ph.D. or Psy.D. in Psychology from an accredited college or university.
North Carolina licensure as a LCSW, LMFT, LPC or Board Certified as a Clinical Psychologist.
We offer competitive pay and benefits and have an immediate opening.
Please send resumes to Adam Ray: firstname.lastname@example.org