Categories above include
Inclusion on Strugglingteens.com
imply any endorsement
by Strugglingteens, LLC
Jan 25, 2017
St. George, UT
Responsible to care for medical emergencies and for the general medical needs of the students. Responsible for sorting and passing medications accurately.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Respond to reports of pain or sickness as they arise and assess the student.
- Determine when a student is to be placed on sick bed due to illness or pain.
- Accompany students to medical appointments, communicate findings to the students' parents and to the Nursing Manager.
- Check the vital signs and weight of students as assigned.
- Accurately disperse student medications and make record in the Medication Administration Record.
- Train shift supervisors in the despersement of medication.
- Do quarterly trainings for staff and students on medication.
- Count and track narcotics
- Monitor students in regard to mood, behavior and affect, and then chart the findings. (Particularly when a student is starting a new medication.)
- Correlate lab draws for the students.
- Communicate any pertinent medical information to the Treatment Team and the Psychiatrist either verbally or in written form.
- Schedule appointments for psychiatric care, medical appointments, physical exams and immunization updates.
- Document, communicate and implement physicians orders
- Accurately arrange medication for home passes and discharges.
- Pick up medication from pharmacy as needed.
- Monitor for accurate documentation and administration of medications.
- Perform nursing assessment within the first 7days of new admissions.
- Monitor and order medical supplies.
Education and Experience:
- Knowledge of standard medical terminology and technique.
- Knowledge of legal charting procedure and requirements.
- Knowledge of medications and of Sunrise's procedure for medication administration.
- Knowledge of company policies and practices.
- Skill in using nursing tools and equipment (e.g., needles, thermometers, diagnostic tests, stethoscope, blood pressure cuffs, etc.)
- Skill in assessing the physical condition of the students.
- Skill in communicating medical situations accurately to students, parents, and co-workers.
- Ability to use word processing software and to navigate the local network.
- Ability to check vital signs.
The position requires a nursing license (RN or LPN), a driver license, and current CPR certification. Nursing experience is preferred but not required.
What Sunrise Offers You
- Sunrise offers healing program for teenage girls that includes a balanced approach between therapy, academics, and life skills in a homelike setting.
- The cornerstones of the program are centered on the values of nurturance, discipline, respect.
- Sunrise offers one of the best residential treatment centers that offers weekly individual/family therapy sessions, weekly equine therapy, and daily group therapy, and targeted psychotherapy groups.
- Students at Sunrise are very involved in their academic studies, community service and recreational activities.
The Role You Will Play
- Opportunity to foster relationships with at risk youth in a setting that offers a small caseload.
- Established industry leading program and training in place and the ability to make a long term impact on individual students and their families.
- Opportunities for growth and advancement at Sunrise or within a family of treatment programs located in Utah, Montana, North Carolina, and Texas.
- Competitive salary.
- This position will include individual, family, and group therapy.
- Possess an affinity for relational, experiential and systemic modalities.
- Possess skills in discernment, therapeutic theory, intervention and teaching techniques.
- Planning, implementing, and adjusting a course of treatment as required.
- Capable of holding appropriate boundaries with students and their parents, have the ability to assess and interpret student behavior, and the ability to make critical decisions based on input from multiple sources.
St. George, Utah
- In 2005, St. George was the second fastest growing metropolitan area in the United States and as of 2014, St. George had a population of 78,505.
- The city is situated near a unique geological transition zone where the Mojave, Colorado Plateau and Great Basin all converge. The Beaver Dam Mountains/Utah Hill lie to the west, Pine Valley Mountains to the north, the western edge of the Colorado Plateau and Zion National Park to the east, and the Arizona Strip/Virgin River Gorge to the south. The Red Cliffs Desert Reserve lies atop a sandstone bluff overlooking the downtown area. Snow Canyon State Park borders the northwest part of the city.
- The city has abundant sunshine year round, and averages over 300 sunny days per year.
- St. George is home to Dixie State University, a four year institution, of about 9,000.
- The ideal candidate will possess a degree in one of the following disciplines Master of Social Work (MSW), Master of Clinical Social Work (CSW), Master of Science Clinical Mental Health Counseling (CMHC) or a related discipline.
- Licensed in state of Utah Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) or Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT.)
- Two years of working experience as a licensed therapist preferred.
- One year working in a residential setting preferred.
- Ability to pass a Utah State background check.
- Able to work with a combined team of clinical and residential staff.
- Good verbal, written communication and professional documentation charting skills.
- Experience in treating youth and to create positive relationships.
If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity, please submit a resume to www.innerchange.com/careers
Sunrise Residential Treatment Center is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Adolescent and Family Therapist
Looking for a company where you can make a difference?
Adolescent and Family Therapist, Sunrise Academy
What does Sunrise Academy offer you?
- Sunrise Academy is located in the southwestern part of Utah near the Arizona border. This program is situated near the Saint George area which is part of the Mojave Desert, Colorado Plateau and Great Basin. The warm climate in the area offers a chance for quick access to local, state, and national parks. Since Sunrise Academy is located in-town it provides an environment of security and community involvement for our girls to have access to local Universities, jobs, service and other community opportunities.
- Our treatment program is customized to meet the needs of girls ages 13 to 17. Our team works to uncover the academic, social, and emotional potential of girls who have been held back by emotional and behavioral struggles. Sunrise incorporates a Relational DBT into every aspect of the program and ensures that therapists and staff are trained to help girls practice these skills on a continual basis.
- Sunrise Academy combines the warmth of a home, the safety and clinical expertise of a residential treatment program, and the community access of a transition program. This program is part of a family of programs that are in partnership with Innerchange, a nationally recognized clinical leader in trust-based residential therapy that is committed to the highest standards in clinical outcomes. Innerchange has a portfolio of services to heal more families across the country with locations in Utah, California, Montana, Texas, North Carolina, others
- As an Adolescent and Family Therapist, you will be united with an experienced Executive Director, Clinical Director, Administrative Team, and Residential Staff focused on the mission to facilitate lasting positive change for young people and their families.
As the New Adolescent and Family Therapist, you will enjoy the following benefits and responsibilities.
What do you bring to this position?
- Opportunity to foster relationships with adolescents and their families.
- Join a nationally recognized industry leader that provides a framework of training, support, and advancement opportunities.
- Competitive salary $45,000 to $65,000. Based on experience and expertise.
- Comprehensive Benefit Program that includes medical insurance with a company contribution towards a high deductible plan, dental insurance, vision insurance, voluntary life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance, long-term disability, and 401K with company matching.
- Company Paid Holidays and Paid Time Off.
What do I do if I am interested in learning more?
- Master's Degree in Behavioral Sciences - Master of Social Work (MSW,) Master of Clinical Social Work (CSW,) or Master of Science Clinical Mental Counseling (CMHC) or a related discipline.
- Licensed in the state of Utah - Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) or Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT.)
- Two years of working experience as a licensed therapist leading individual, family, and group therapy sessions.
- One year of experience in a residential setting using relational, experiential, and systemic modalities.
- Ability to plan, implement, and adjust a course of treatment as required.
- Ability to pass a Utah state background check and drug test.
Call Vanessa Leach, HR Manager at Sunrise Academy at 435-574-9508 or
Send an email to email@example.com
Submit a resume at www.innerchange.com/careers
Sunrise Academy is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer