Feb 28, 2018
New Vision Wilderness - East
Bend, OR, | Medford, WI
New Vision Wilderness East Opening Soon
Third location is accepting applications for all positions.
Lead Field Therapist
Reports to: Clinical Director
NVW is an intermediate level of care program for those who require an immediate intervention and intensive treatment. Our programs specialize in treating struggles associated with adoption, trauma, anxiety and addiction. We currently serve preteens, teens, young adults, and families in two locations: the beautiful Northwoods of Wisconsin and the majestic mountains of Oregon, right outside of Bend. NVW is part of a growing, national family of programs (preteen-young adult, residential, transitional, intensive, etc.) with the same particular focus.
The core purpose of NVW is to Profoundly Change Lives and Create Joy. Our company core values are Empathy, Service, Trusting Relationships, and Growth. We have a dynamic, fun, and enthusiastic team and the Lead Field Therapist is a key driver of our culture. We offer a competitive salary (negotiable) and robust benefits package (health insurance, life insurance, dental and vision insurance, 401k match, paid time off, and more!). NVW believes in providing high quality, innovative treatment within a compassionate environment. Building healthy relationships with our students and their families is a special focus of ours.
- Access to endless outdoor activities including kayaking, mountain biking, skiing, fishing, climbing, and more
- Canine therapy integrated into treatment
- Work with adolescents and emerging adult population
- Extensive learning opportunities for personal and professional growth
- Team building experiences
- Professional development
- Opportunities for advancement in a growing family of programs
- Opportunity to become an expert in the field of healing trauma and attachment
- Flexible work environment and culture
- Work collaboratively as a member of teams for best outcomes
- Collaboration opportunities with other leading Mental Health Programs
- Relocation/signing bonuses available for experienced candidates
- Proprietary CASA treatment model, with a unique relational and experiential approach
- We are not a behavior modification program
- Great compensation based on experience
- Excellent benefits package
The Lead Field Therapist at is the primary therapist responsible for overseeing clinical care of New Vision Wilderness East clients and ensuring follow through of the NVW clinical model. Field Therapists will work a flexible schedule based on programming needs; this may include working up to 4 days per week or more in the wilderness including overnights.
- Clinical intake, case management, individual and group therapy, post-trip clinical summaries and all related paperwork
- Lead Therapists can carry a caseload of up to 8 clients during extended expeditions while providing mentoring and guidance to Field Therapists
- Direct care and supervision of clients, completion of daily paperwork, and weekly planning of group activities
- Master's Degree in counseling-related field required
- State licensed or proof of license eligibility
- 21+ years old
- Minimum of two years' experience working in the field with at-risk youth, or comparable experience
- Excellent leadership skills, communication, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to lift and carry 50+ pounds for extended durations and have the ability to walk at least 1 mile over uneven terrain
- Must be able to pass a Background Criminal Investigation
- Must hold a valid driver's license with clean driving record
- Must possess a current first aid and CPR certification
Apply for a position in Wisconsin here
For more information visit our website www.newvisionwilderness.com
Come join the NVW Team!