Through immersion in a small healthy family atmosphere, Explorations’ HomeBase program aims to arm its students (coed, ages 13-18) with the tools to make healthy choices in their lives, long after they complete their stay in our home. Active participation in a supportive and healthy family environment and community gives students hands-on experience dealing with the challenges of everyday life. We utilize a family teaching model to create individualized opportunities for personal growth, authentic living, and positive change for our students and their families.
Explorations is currently seeking applicants for a Full Time/Part Time Residential Counselor & Mentor. Applicants should expect to supervise and interact with students in pro-active parenting role in a family-style setting, teaching life skills and participating in recreational & work activities. Other duties would include the following: mentoring through positive role modeling to students in a variety of environments; monitoring progress of students through interactions, team meetings and shift notes; working as a member of a team to direct student care – home life (including cooking, on occasion), recreation, & school-related activities; engaging side by side with students in daily life activities and demonstrating initiative with student and facility needs.
- 21+ years old
- High School Diploma or GED. College degree or courses preferred.
- Minimum of 1 year experience working in direct care with teens/young adults.
- Excellent leadership, communication and problem solving skills.
- Must possess and maintain current First Aid and CPR certification.
- Lifting Capacity: 20-60 pounds.
- Must be able to pass a Criminal Background Investigation.
- Must hold a valid Driver's License with clean driving record.
$10.00 - $15.00/hr DOE.
: Rotating shifts to include overnight shift and/or weekend as needed. Occasional regional overnight travel.
: PTO to include sick and vacation days after probationary period. Ongoing training and certification stipends. Ski pass for eligible employees.
For more Information & Application, contact us at: