The Aspiro Group
Staff Training and Development Coordinator
The primary role of the department is to train guides in the adventure disciplines and skills necessary for guiding at Aspiro. They will need a well-rounded skill set in training guides for biking, skiing, backcountry navigation, and general outdoor living hard skills. They must also be able to observe and coach on guiding non-negotiables and the intricacies involved in keeping our students safe.
This person needs to be a self-starter who can recognize things that need done and act without prior instruction. He/She needs to be able to give constructive feedback and be an active participant in a fast moving, motivated team.
Primary Position Responsibilities:
- Train Guides in hard skills, judgment, and day-to-day guiding
- Collectively responsible for two field visits per month.
- Assistance in checking and maintaining the equipment fleets
- Ability to step in and help on bike fleet maintenance
- Ability to facilitate and train on the Aspiro Challenge Course
- Teaching backcountry living skills and land navigation
- ?Maintaining the guide credentials levels and other training documentation
- Participate in guide briefings related to performance eval data collection
- Maintain a positive mentoring relationship with the field team
- Assist the Training Team in adventure specific trainings; including all disciplines and outdoor living skills.
- Itinerary Development
- Develop training material and coursework
- Assess guide advancement to assist in guide growth plans
- Will be in rotation on the response schedule
- Needed for incident response in the field.
Please email resumes and references to Joe Nagle at firstname.lastname@example.org