Schools & Program
Visits - Dec, 1996 Issue #43
HIDDEN LAKE VISIT
10 Things I especially liked about Hidden Lake Academy
by: Anne Lewis, Educational Consultant
Santa Barbara, California
1. Sense of tranquility and equanimity which the natural beauty of the woods
and lake communicate.
2. Upbeat spirit imparted by Scott, Brian, Rudy and Rusty, and communicated
by the students, themselves.
3. Unwavering emphasis on academic achievement and careful supervision of
4. Facilitation of a realization session in which students were confronted
in respectful ways without verbal harshness.
5. Program length of eighteen months.
6. Visual loveliness of the girls' dormitory rooms which conveys to the students
the importance of creating and living in beautiful personal spaces.
7. Openness of the dormitory rooms.
8. Willingness of the counseling staff and teachers to cooperate in providing
a memorable weekend for a student whose parents did not come to the first parent's weekend.
9. Inclusion of religious services and 12-step meetings on campus.
10. The hope and composure I saw on the face of my client.
Copyright © 1996, Woodbury Reports, Inc. (This article may be reproduced
without prior approval if the copyright notice and proper publication and author attribution accompanies the copy.)